Saturday, November 19, 2011

ASU Basketball "James Harden Beard Night"

Ok, so I’ve golfed a bit in the last couple of days, shot some rough rounds 90, 89, & 103. All that is a side note to my amazing ASU basketball game experience. I did the typical pre game routine, show up early tour around and head down to courtside to watch warm ups. I relocated to my seat which was right by the tunnel the teams come out from. I had received an email from ASU athletics before I left informing me that the night would be “James Harden Beard Night”. At the game I was rocking my OKC #13 Harden jersey in hopes that he might be in attendance and just to look fly lol. 
The game is about to start and I see an assistant coach talking to a security guard and mouthed “james harden” and pointed down the tunnel. I jumped out of my seat looked over and sure enough the bearded man was walking towards the court. I grab my pen and head straight for him. Like a the pumped up basketball fan that I am, I start yelling ‘James! James!’ He looks over at me and I ask him to sign my jersey. I’m the only person in the arena rocking his OKC jersey, so he of course says “yah!”. It was unfortunate that the highlight of my night happened before the game even started but It was AWESOME!.

No comments:

Post a Comment